Sunday, January 16, 2011

Getting Organized


One of my New Year's Resolutions or goals (that's the better term) is to get organized and make better use of my time.  I've been doing a challenge by Chalene Johsnon that has really helped me prioritize my life.  It's helped to take my priorities and then focus my goals from there.

I have started using the app on my iPhone called AwesomeNote and it's Awesome.  You can assign folders to your different tasks and then your to-dos are then categorized within each folder.  Before I go to bed each night, I spend about 10 minutes putting together my to-do list for the next day.  By doing this, my days are more focused.  If I find myself getting distracted, I just go back to my to-do list and get refocused.  I don't include what I have to do at school/work b/c when I get there each morning, I sit down and make a list on my desk of what needs to be done before I leave for the day. 

I do schedule my workouts in my daily to-do list.  If they are not planned, they will not get done.  Before I go to bed, I get out my workout clothes, shoes, and the DVDs/equipment I will be using.  That is my lifesaver.  There's no excuse in the mornings when I'm dragging myself out of bed.  Everything I need is there. 

As busy as we all are, we have to be organized.  You have to find what works for you.  This is something I am constantly working on.  If you have any tips on organization, please share in the comments box.

No comments:

Post a Comment