Thursday, June 9, 2011

Week 3 of P90X


Here are updates on Week 3...

Wednesday: Chest/Back and AbRipper X
I pushed hard during this workout.  From being able to see my workout sheets, I'm definitely making improvements on the different pushups and reps with the bands.  I was pretty sore before going to bed and extra sore in my upper back/shoulders on Thursday.

Thursday: Plyometrics
I had been out of town today and not had any Shakeology.  My workout was later in the evening.  It was harder to get through it because I did not have that extra energy that I usually have from drinking Shakeology.  Halfway through, I did pause it and take a couple of extra minutes to catch my breath. Immediately after, I fixed Greenberry Shakeology with the Recovery Formula mixed in.  Even though the workout was intense, I feel much stronger and energized now that I'm done. 

If you are wondering what plyometrics is, here is a video of what Tony Horton says at the beginning of the workout about it....

Here is some more info about Plyometrics

Plyometrics loosely translates into “jump training”. There are also plyometric exercises for your upper body, but the really intense, fat shredding plyometric exercises are the kind done in the P90X plyometrics program, and they are primarily lower body movements.


There are numerous benefits to plyometric training, and you get a healthy dose of all of them in the P90X program.

As with all exercise programs, the more you put into it, the more you’ll get out of it:

•Massive calorie burn
•Increased balance
•Increased endurance
•Increased explosive strength
•Increased strength of muscles as well as all connective tissues
•Massive metabolism boost from the sheer intensity of the exercises
•Increased confidence in your ability to really push the limits and to make measurable progress


There is a guy in the P90X Plyo video that has a guy with a prosthetic leg, and not only does he pull off the workout, but he excels at it. So, with no further excuses available to not give it 100%, the exercises begin!

Here is another site on Plyo  The Physiology of Plyo

Friday: Shoulders/Arms and AbRipper X
I was really feeling sore from Wednesday's workout when I started today.  I could barely raise my arms over my head.  Once I got through the warmup and stretching, the soreness was much better.  Getting through this workout today, was tough, but I managed.  It seems that this week is harder to get through, but I will NOT give up on this workout.  I feel so much better and stronger each time I complete a workout.


My Favorite Tricep Exercise

I AM RESTARTING THIS WEEK.  I WENT ON VACATION FOR A WEEK SO I WANT TO START OVER ON THIS WEEK!!! I AM ADDING IN TURBO FIRE WORKOUTS IN THE MORNINGS TO GET BACK ON TRACK.

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment