Friday, April 29, 2011

A Little Kitchen Reorganization

My kitchen is not very big and seems to always be cluttered with small appliances.  Today, my husband decided to do something a little different.  We have a separate buffet area (or "side-counter" as I like to call it) that is just a countertop with some cabinets underneath.  Normally, I use this for my cookbooks and "this & that."  There are some plugs underneath the counter that normally you can't get to. 

So, here's what we did...

We drilled a hole in the countertop so we could put a cord through.  I set up all my cookbooks at one end of the counter.  My teen daughter likes to use a Mr. Coffee tea-maker so that is set up.  The blender with all the Shakeology stuff is set up in the middle, and then the coffee-making area is setup beside it.  My husband borrowed a Bunn coffee-maker to try out before we buy our own.  This has not only cleared a lot of my other countertop area, but has made making our favorite beverages so much easier and more accessible.

Here are some pics: (Ignore the ugly paneling which hopefully will get painted this summer and the ugly cabinets--that's the next BIG project)



The Shakeology-Making Station
  


The CookBook Area
  


Leslie's Tea Maker
  


The Coffee-Maker Station




All of It
  We will see how this setup works out.  So far, I think I'm going to like it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment