Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Does Coffee affect Thyroid Medication?

I have noticed a lot of changes in myself since I started drinking coffee in the mornings.  Some of the main changes include fatigue during the day, headaches, weight gain, and problems with simply thinking. I just had a thryoid panel run, so I'll be able to tell in the next few weeks if my thyroid is acting up once again. I started thinking about the times of the changes and it coincides with when I started drinking coffee. 

I did some asking around and it was suggested to take my thyroid medicine at night time, so if I'm to continue drinking coffee, I will have to make the change. Here is the link to an article addressing this very issue.  It is a VERY good read.




What are your thoughts on this?  Leave a comment on Facebook 
E-mail me your comment nataliewelch@cebridge.net

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how much better I feel after taking porcine thyroid supplements , with actually having less "brain fog," and a lot more memory retention.I can never be without this supplement, it was so life changing.

    ReplyDelete