Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 1 of Chalean Extreme

This is the official end to the first week of a new round of Chalean Extreme.  When I first started Chalean Extreme in November, 2009, I started with really light weights--3 lb, 5 lb., 8 lb..  I got up to using 10 lb and 12 lb.  I lost a lot of inches and a little bit of weight.  I ended up quitting after starting the 3rd month, because I had something happen to my back/shoulder.  I'm not sure if it was from the weights or something else.  I did another round with Turbo Fire this past summer/fall and was up to using 15 lb. and 20 lb weights.  Again, I lost a good bit of inches and more weight this time.  Now, for the 3rd round, I'm starting off using 8 lb. 10 lb, 15 lb., and 20 lb. weights with better form.  It's amazing how far I've come since the first round.  By the end of this week, I was completely sore which is a good sign.  Today is a much needed rest day.  The soreness has decreased a lot just from not doing any workouts today.  I am doing the cardio workouts that are part of the CLX program just to change things up.  If your body gets used to the same type of workouts over and over, you won't see any changes.

The crazy part about lifting weights is your appetite increases.  It's important during this time to really make HEALTHY food choices.  Also, making sure to eat every 2-3 hrs is critical.  I'm anxious to get through the next few months to see what changes will be made.  I do know that by starting out at a heavier weight, I will most likely need to invest in some 25 lb and 30 lb weights before Month 2 of the program.

This is a very motivational strength training program.  It's one you look forward to doing.  It is something that even a beginner can do and see results.   Read more about the  The Benefits of Pumping Iron

No comments:

Post a Comment