Sunday, February 13, 2011

Setting Weekly Goals

We all have big goals we would like to achieve, but when we set weekly goals, we feel a sense of accomplishment in a shorter time frame.  Accomplishing these weekly goals will help you along your journey to accomplish your BIG goals which may take a longer period of time.

Setting weekly goals is easy, but there is a method to achieve them

Difficult tasks take MORE time and energy. Get them out of the way soon.  I refer to the more difficult tasks as the frog. This term comes from one of Brian Tracy's books about goals.  On your weekly goals, give them priority because while working on them, you can complete the smaller ones. Work and be smart at the same time.

Network to get it done.  Some of your goals can be achieved by others for you if you plan well. Barter and bargain tasks. Be innovative. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. 

IT IS SEVEN DAYS, NOT SEVEN HOURS. Take your time and do not over-exert yourself. You have seven days to achieve all your goals. Spread the goals out in reasonable and realistic fashion. Make it easier on yourself and everybody else. Have a PLAN to get things done.  IT IS SEVEN DAYS, NOT SEVEN YEARS

But don't make it too easy on yourself. Be careful of slacking because you think it is seven days. A week sneaks by before you can grasp it. Make use of every minute. GIVE YOURSELF ENOUGH BREAKS IN BETWEEN TASKS.  Make sure you plan out each day in order to meet daily and weekly goals. 

You cannot drive yourself aground in the execution of your goals. Do not kill yourself as you work on your goals. You have many other things to consider. Like your health. Your relationships. Yourself.

Hold yourself accountable to someone!  Tell someone what you want to achieve.  When you are accountable, you are more likely to achieve what you set out to do.


**********************************************************************************************************
I make a list of 10 goals I want to achieve for the year.  I revise this list of goals a couple times a month.  I do sit down on Sunday night before bed and write down what goals I want to achieve for the week.  Then each night before bed, I make a to-do list for the following day.  I prioritize the tasks to make sure they get done on time.  I use the AwesomeNote app on my iPhone to create a daily to-do list.  Here I have folders/categories.  The items that have the top priority, I set an alarm for.  There's nothing better than the satisfaction of checking items off the list each day.  I love the feeling of accomplishment. 
***********************************************************************************************************

Do you need help setting goals for the week?  Do you need help making "to-do lists"?  Leave a comment here or send me a message and I will be more than happy to help you.  If you are looking for accountability, don't hesitate to contact me.  In addition to myself, I have a great circle of friends on Facebook who are great accountability partners.  Just let me know how I can help YOU!!






Read more: http://www.bukisa.com/articles/21587_how-to-set-weekly-goals#ixzz1DthnPrsQ

No comments:

Post a Comment